Monday, August 2, 2010

Distinct Differences

My mother and I supposedly look very much alike; we also share 23 chromosomes. Although, I'm convinced those are the only two things the same between the two of us. We do some other things the same. But when it comes to organization and cleanliness, we are polar opposites. The pictures below illustrate our distinct differences exactly.


I made a pan of brownies. Several things about this brownie pan highlight how different the two of us are.

The first difference is that I hate nuts; I insisted my mother take the right side and put her choice of toppings there leaving the left side for my choice of toppings. It doesn't end there. See the strange looking claw mark on the left side? I proudly declare that's my side. Despite what you may be thinking, I did not just claw my fist into the pan. I was civilized and used a fork to pick away at it every time I passed through the kitchen Sunday afternoon. Mom, on the other hand, used a knife to cut away perfectly rectangular pieces. I'm pretty sure she uses the spatula as a ruler and tape measure in instances like this to get the perfect shaped piece.

Case Study #2
On the left is my pile of laundry. Clean laundry that has been through the wash. On the right is, yep, you guessed it, my mother's basket of clean laundry freshly folded. Typical.

Different but the same, my mom and I always exhibit our individual and unique ways of accomplishing the same task. Despite these differences I still love her! Like I always say,

"mother and daughter by fate, friends by choice" (insert extra-cheesy-heartfelt tenderness here)

1 comment:

Sonnie and Ryan said...

haha! different or not, I love you BOTH the same!! I love the picture of your brownies! So funny!!!!