Friday, June 12, 2009

I caught them in the act!

It was about 6:30 Wednesday night. I was full aware that SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance....for those of you that didn't know, please try to catch up...) was going to begin in 30 minutes. I had timed it out perfectly. I would leave now, pick up Celeste, go to the store with her, allow plenty of time to decide between peanut butter and chocolate M&M's, then hit the novelties aisle, and then be in our places ready to watch by 6:59. It was a no fool plan. I knew it well. As I walked out the door I heared a squeal and saw two girls run up the stairs of our stairwell out of the corner of my eye. On my door was two dozen hearts cut out of construction paper and various colors taped all over. In the middle was a big pink heart that read "LAURA". Scattered on the floor were smaller confetti size hearts. It was so hilarious. I caught them in the act! The silly girls were doing this in the middle of the evening. I think that is the best part of all of this! So they quickly told me to shut the door, I did, and we continued on as if nothing had happened. 5 minutes later I heard a knock on the door, and then saw them run past our window. I was so surprised and thought it was so sweet of them. Moral of the story, DO NOT try to surprise me untill after 7:30 at night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow two posts in a week this is great! I am finally laughing again please keep it up!!! That was sweet of them. I wish someone would make me a construction bouquet. Maybe pass the message along to Douglas :)

I love you!!! Keep the posts coming...