Thursday, December 10, 2009

If You're Feeling Down, Put on a Puffer Vest!

I don't know if you have been watching the weather in Denver this past week, but the temperatures have been frigid. Frosty the snowman has even complained to me about how chilly it's been (there's more cheese where that cheesy joke came from!) Currently, I do not own a winter coat. I sold the one I had at our garage sale this summer because it was trashed and falling apart. I planned on eventually purchasing a new coat by winter. What I did not plan on was our Fall turning into Winter, with an October storm to start of the season. Since then, we have had several large storms.

So, without a winter coat, I have resorted to wearing my Dad's insulated puffer vest! Oh, it's so nice. It is lined with fleece in the pockets. Luxury! Mmmm....so warm. I wore the puffer vest on my way home from work last night. When I got in my car and I was reaching for the seat belt behind me, I wrapped my right arm around my chest and kind of gave myself a hug. The softness of the puffer vest felt so nice, and I felt like I was hugging a marshmallow. It made me love myself even more! I felt soft and squishy (in a comforting way....not a 'gotta-get-rid-of-this-muffin-top' way) and wondered if this is how marshmallows feel.

I realized as I was driving home from work last night that we forget to love ourselves in the hectic world we live in. That's the moral of this strange (pathetic) story. So, I would like to present a TOAST TO THE PUFFER VEST! Not only do they keep you super warm and keep your arms free from a heavy coat, they remind you to love yourself.

4 comments:

julieb said...

you looked like frosty the snowman last night when you got home, i love you tons!

Michael said...

Laura
You are very wise at such a young age. I love the puffer vest too. I wonder if I will ever see it again.
Dad

Hadlocks said...

What is with the weather in Denver?? It's 50 degrees in Phoenix and I wear my coat almost every day, you are way tougher than I am.

Unknown said...

I wish I had a puffer vest...hey you could get me one for Christmas :) I love you Laura and I can just picture you giving yourself a hug!