Monday, November 9, 2009

Life Simplified

Inventors are always trying to invent the next-big-thing that will make life simpler and easier for millions across the World. I have decided this past week that we really don't need anything new to make life easier. What would make life easier is already in place for us to use, we just don't use it. Here are some things I have realized make life easier and have existed for years.

1) This past week I should have used those two little things called water and soap more. I wash my hands after using the restroom and throughout my shift at work in the Pantry. Other then that....I'm not the one running to the sink if I hear a big "A-CHOO!" from the shopper next to me at Wal Mart. After a second wave of bronchitis in a month hitting me, I've changed my mind about that. Unfortunately, it took breathing treatments, an inhaler and amoxcicillian pills the size of my pinky toe (I measured with a ruler to the millimeter) to tell me how important washing hands is.

2) While I was sick I was constantly blowing my nose. It was so annoying, it made my lips extra dry and cracky. That's only where the problem began. My favorite pink pajamas don't have pockets, and I was constantly losing my chapstick. So, I took a ziploc and a safety pin and made a pocket on my pajama pants. I have yet to take it off. While I was still recovering this weekend, I put ibuprofun, kleenex, a jax kit, the remote and my pet hermit in the ziploc. Wherever I went I had all the comforts of home to help me get better. I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier. Who needs to invest in purses or pockets anymore? You can even forget about pocket protectors, nothing escapes a ziploc. Just make sure when you zip if the part that zips turns PURPLE!

3) Short hair makes life much easier. I got my haircut today. If you have ever lived with me, you know I hate showering. It's not the showering that really bothers me. It's the drying your hair, putting on makeup, getting dressed, putting on lotion and all that other stuff after the shower you have to do. It's just annoying. So anything I can do to shorten that time I do, hence why I like having short, really short, hair. My hair barely touches my chin now, and it's so short the lady had to use a man's-neck-razor to cut the back of my hair on my neck. I have to spend 5 minutes, if that, drying it and it practically dries straight. It's wonderful.

So consider THIS short and easy to remember acronym

SIMPLE
Short hair
Is
More
Perfect for
Living life
Easier

And if you hear that in General Conference in April, you'll know where it all began!


2 comments:

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Laura! You look AWESOME with short hair!! I'm glad you found a way to simplify life! You keep rockin' those pajama pants with ziploc pockets! You are the coolest person I know!

Christa and Marcus said...

You are so funny Laura! I have never considered your ziploc idea before but I have decided that it is brilliant! I have to agree with you on the short hair thing as well but for some bizaare reason I am growing it out right now.